As part of Forward Composites drive for improvements our R&D department are continuously looking into improved manufacturing processes, new and alternative materials, process flow, and methods to cost down the manufacturing process. As part of our aspiration and long term investment Forward are developing an automated robotic cell for high volume composites manufacture.
Forward Composites are also involved in joint funded programmes with the European Commission and Technology Strategy Board. In addition, we encourage academic partnerships and have Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) and Student Mentor programmes with Sheffield University.
- Forward Composites received funding from the European Commission for Horizon 2020 for an Innovative infusion process
- Technology Strategy Board (TSB) Locate fund for Joint partnership programme. A Collaborative industrial research into technology and manufacturing capability
- Continuous manufacturing process improvements. Looking into new materials, process flow, alternative methods and materials to cost down the manufacturing process
- Academic Partnerships
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with Sheffield University
- Sheffield University Student project mentoring
- Forward are undertaking a 2 year robotic automation programme for high volume manufacture