Our 5017m2 (54,000ft2) state of the art facility includes:
- 280m2 (3014ft2)
- 8.0m L x 3.5m W x 1.8m H (26.2ft L x 11.5ft W x 5.9ft H)
- 3.6m L x 2.6m W x 1.2m H (11.8ft L x 8.5ft W x 3.9ft H)
- 1.8m diameter x 7.1m length (5.9ft x 23.3ft)
- 2.5m diameter x 4m length (8.2ft x 13.1ft)
- 2.1m x 3.8m x 3.0m (6.9ft x 12.5ft x 9.8ft)
- 2.6m x 3.7m x 2.8m (8.5ft x 12.1ft x 9.2ft)
- 2.1m x 5.7m x 3.0m (6.9ft x 18.7ft x 9.7ft)
- 7.8m x 3.9m x 2.8m (25.6ft x 12.8ft x 9.5ft)
Commissioned in February 2015, Forward Composites has a 280m2 (3014ft2) purpose-built clean room facility for the manufacture of composite components and tooling. The clean room is temperature and humidity controlled and maintains a positive pressure environment to minimise particle ingress.
The clean room has a fully reconfigurable internal layout allowing us to accommodate from the smallest to the very largest of jobs with the easiest of transitions.
Watch a video of the installation of our 5 Axis Router, using time-lapse photography.
Multiax 5 Axis Router
A working envelope of 8.0m L x 3.5m W x 1.8m H (26.2ft L x 11.5ft W x 5.9ft H). Using data originated in Catia, our expert operators are able to trim and cut carbon fibre, all grades of Tooling Block and MDF. Utilising new Vapour Spray Technology we can also process Aluminium. Ideal for Surface Form Tooling.
CMS 5 Axis Router
A working envelope of 3.6m L x 2.6m W x 1.2m H (11.8ft L x 8.5ft W x 3.9ft H)
Autoclave 1: 1.8m diameter x 7.1m length (5.9ft x 23.3ft)
Autoclave 2: 2.5m diameter x 4m length (8.2ft x 13.1ft)
Spray-bake paint booth 7.9m x 3.9m x 2.9m (25.6ft x 12.8ft x 9.5ft)